Saturday, June 03, 2006

Family Players: Dad

This blog is about me living the amazing race.
I'll start by introducing my immediate team members.. every so often I might introduce new players I bump into on this amazing adventure..

Dad:
Dad huge genius, Talmid Chocham, and Baa'l Chesed. A public figure doing for the community and always concerned about the welfare of others… trying to help them.. ever which way..
Like a true son of Avraham Avinu, when someone knocked at our door, he would greet him them with a huge smile, Shalom Aleichem, and welcome them to our home. He would not let them leave until they have eaten to satisfaction and all possible food in the house has been offered… He would set the table as for an entire army.. full of all kinds of yummy dishes, he would even whip up something fresh.. and would still be running back and forth trying to find what else he can serve…

I still remember my friend once came over to our house for Shabbos.. it was Friday.. usually people are busy getting ready for Shabbos but my father – he always has time for guests.. He offered her some soft drinks, and then looked around in the house for other drinks we might have… There was apple juice concentrate. So eager to find something that she might like, my father served it in a natlan - "here have some.. " it was funny.. I was a bit embarrassed..

I also recall the time when I was in college. I mentioned to my father that we were having finals and since I was too busy studying, I hardly ate anything that day..,
We were in middle of taking the final when my father appeared with two shopping bags loaded with groceries. It was embarrassing. I thanked my father graciously and told him I'll eat when I am done with my exam. But my father insisted that I had to eat right then... there was no use of arguing.. I had no choice.. but to leave in middle of taking the final.. I ate my breakfast lunch and supper and went back to the exam..

One of is striking characteristics is an extreme Omer Vi'oseh attitude. If something needs to be done he will do it right away! Nothing gets in his way. He does everything he can and will never give up. Nothing is impossible. And he expects that omer vi'oseh attitude of people around him too.


Please pray for my Dad - Moshe B-n Tziporah Kreindel
My father had a stroke 4 years ago. As a result his speech and movement is impaired. He can not talk yet (B'ezrat Hashem his power of speech shall return soon ) express himself and is dependent on others for his physical needs. It is hard to imagine a few days not talking a word to anyone.. even for someone who is self-sufficient.. How much more so, for someone who needs the help of others for their most basic needs, yet can not tell it to others..It must be extremely frustrating and painful. Baruch Hashem his B'tachon in Hashem is tremendous and he constantly tries to be cheerful, always chanting melodies, and uplifting the spirits of others.. I would appreciate greatly your prayers for his speedy Refuah Sheleimah. Tizko L'mitzvos.


May Hashem have mercy, heal all those that need a Refuah Sheleimah, and may we all be blessed with continuous good health and happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home