Monday, May 26, 2008

yo semite







'יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב


mariposa grove, glacier point, sentinel dome hike, yosemite valley, bridal veil falls, rainbows, yosemite falls, vernal falls, nevada falls, mist trail, john muir's writings, sunsets,


sunrise, mirror lake - water fun -- The water river, lakes, falls.. all over Yosemite was too cold and I thought there wont be any major water adventure this time.. but there was.


Late Thursday afternoon I hiked around mirror lake.. it was getting late and I was too lazy to hike all around to the other side of the lake... at one point it looked like the water would be only up to my knees so I took off my shoes and rolled up my skirt.. and started walking across in the cold water.. but I miscalculated the depth..I was so off.. the water reached above my head and I had to swim with my backpack..., B"H I made to the other side.. all wet.. but safe.. and a pair of warm cloths and shelter wasn't too far away.. winter in yosemite tioga rd yay! camped out in a beautiful spot -- white flurries.. snowing all around... mono lake lee vining!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..... I love your writing and photography. Your integration of psukim into your journal of travels and experiences makes both feel so powerful.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how was the Sierra Nevada?
I've never been there, is it worth a visit?

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home