Tuesday, July 21, 2009

the cycle

(Waimea Falls North Shore World Botanical Gardens.)

Saying goodbye to the fragrance of Hawaii.. for now...
Laundry Time.

I wouldn’t think it would be a significant event to post about – but it turned out to be one. I got back from Hawaii and it’s laundry time… It’s been almost 3 months of camping where the “ananei hakavod” the clouds of glory, sun, wind, springs, and oceans washed my clothing.. leaving my clothing smelling really nice.. but now, they needed a good heavy duty wash machine cycle. (Thank You so much G-d that on this trip, I was never in a rush and needed to quickly pack up and stuff wet clothes into my backpack. Even if it did rain, the sun would later come out and would dry up my stuff.)


(Waimea Falls North Shore camping out on World Botanical Gardens.)
(camping at secret beach Kauai)
(beautiful sunrise at beach)

I unpacked my clothing from my backpack and bag and spread them out putting them in piles of loads according to color... Sweet fragrances of Hawaii lingered in the air and with it surfaced sweet memories… Oh, how I miss Hawaii! It’s been one of the greatest trips in my life... Paradise! I thought about all the good times I have had... how these clothes have been with me and served me on my great adventures... where I wore them and where I wished I could’ve worn them but didn’t have them with me... (I sometimes stashed some stuff before going off to difficult treks… or if I just wanted to be lighter hiking/backpacking and preferred skipping down the trail..) Indeed, amazing beautiful good times B”H!

I hesitate before putting each article of clothing into the washing machine.. before the smell is gone forever. I bring my fleece, bathing suit, shirts, close to me and inhale its scent... an hour before the flight swim in the Pacific – beach 69 cove, orchids, delicious aromatic flowers, lemon grass mosquito repellent, mangoes, longones, Haleakala, Waimea canyon, rain, Volcano national park, Twin falls, Mauna Kea, sitting in back of pickup trucks windy rides, La Perouse, hat, bag, gray t-shirt, socks rollerblading, hiking, night hiking falling into streams, keeping my feet warm, black skirt, yoga pants skydiving, sweat pants, lightweight cotton khaki green floral print skirt and b/w print skirt – my favorites this trip – just really comfortable and used them every day.
I then turn the knob to get the water running
Put them into the wash machine
Add tide detergent…
And start the cycle…

Fresh Clothes! I am ready for my next adventure! B’ezrat Hashem!

(Where would I be the next time I open up my backpack to take out a clean shirt? I don’t know… but I am excited for it… and I am imagining my excitement of the heavenly fresh odor of clean laundry on a camping trip...Thank You Hashem.. )

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home