Tuesday, November 14, 2006

truelife explained.

FAQ

I have been getting quite a lot of comments, remarks.. lately.. as to my adventures possibly contradicting and conflicting with

  • my religious beliefs and observances..
  • marriage referred to by others as 'settling down'..

  • so here's truelife explained..

    Are you on the road now? It's funny, for a long time I've wanted to understand why some people want so much to travel, and now that I've come across someone who does more than sightsee the world, it seems almost unnecessary to ask. It's so obviously part of your tafkid and avodat HaShem. are you on the road right now?

    I am always on the road..
    hopefully I pray.. the right ones..

    NYC, Bet Shemesh, and everywhere in the world is home BH.. but yet at the same time.. I feel like I am on the road too.. trying to live every moment.. trying to be always learning, growing.. and exploring new things, places, ways.. I try not to become too settled, too comfortable.. lazy..getting stuck in routine g-d forbid and oblivios and unappreciative to the beauty around us..

    I pray to always have an excitement as if it was my first time living it.. breathing it..

    "Doesn't your adventurous free spirited being, contradict with your religious observance.."
    I feel that it absolutely does not. In fact, it has strenghthened me so much.. It is the most growing positive rejuvenating experience.. My relationship with Hashem and my observance of mitzvot is so much more meaningful and real.. with so much more flavor.

    You say on your blog "hopefully B'ezrat Hashem, I'll find a teammate soon.. .. to run this amazing race."

    From reading your blog, things seem just perfect the way they are now...it seems a teammate would just slow your pace and constrict your spontaneity, sense of freedom and ability to explore...

    Do you want a teammate because you sincerely believe it will result in a better experience...or has the idea come through the subconscious back door of what society expects of you?

    To answer your question whether the idea of finding a teammate is my earnest desire originating from my consciousness and not being a derivative of social conditioning and societal expectations..I say it is the former.I am sure however that some of the latter seeped in as well..I'd be lying if I'd say that I am free of social conditioning..(Remarks made by others.. "Wouldn't it be cool to have 10 Rachels".. "imagine skating down the highway with your little skaters.." have been entertained. Lol)

    My idea of marriage is not one of stagnation "settling down" but a life-long adventure an ever going dynamic relationship where one is challenged and inspired to constantly grow, give, and reach greater heights.

    Adventure might take on a different form.. But hopefully, I pray, that the adventure excitement and passion will be greater.. exponentially ever increasing.. Ha! I know it's sounding too romantic and I am sure practically between the dirty diapers, cranky non-stop crying baby triplets, I actually like cooking so that doesn't count.. hosting guests, family obligations and responsibilities I might "resort to smashing things on the floor" (more likely.. taking a break in the woods.. skydiving or a good swim..) but at the end of day I know and believe that this is the greatest most rewarding adventure..

    and 'adventure' as in my blog...
    Nature - the great outdoors, traveling, music, arts, architecture, high adrenaline sports.. explorations are a major part of my life.. of who I am.. It has been such positive, growing, gratifying experiences for me.. and it continues to be.. I wouldn't want to keep my family g-d willing and loved ones away from it. I would love to share it..

    I also hope that my future spouse will be ambitious, motivated, independent, be living his dreams and have his interests that he is passionate about.. adding more fun into the equation…

    השלך על ה' יהבך והוא יכלכלך עזרי מעם ה' עושה שמים וארץ
    ואתה מחיה את כולם..
    ..as the breath of fresh air.. the oxygen in my lungs that He supplies me every moment.. with His great kindness and compassion.. אמן

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Why have the wings
    Unless you’re meant to fly
    Why have a mind
    If not to question why

    … and if you can fly - then soar!

    9:19 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home