Thursday, November 16, 2006

הודו לה' כי טוב כי לעולם חסדו



So I was running very late this morning.. I am always running late..
I waited for the bus to Jerusalem.. but it seemed that I had already missed it.. The next one would only be in another 1/2 hour. I was supposed to be already in Jerusalem by then.. I pleaded to Gd to please send a sheirut or some other bus line/company.. but nothing passed.. just the time.. It was getting really late... So I took a taxi to the exit of town and figured I'd hitch a ride from there..

A car stopped..he said he was going only to the next junction..being so late already.. I didn't care.. anything to get me closer.. However I realized he was smoking so I got right off. A second later another car stopped.. chevra from la..they were going to Jerusalem..They dropped me off right where I needed. Thanks so much..

I checked out the Museum of Psalms.. Wow!! I have got songs for a lot of the paintings.. I need to come back next time with my mini disc recorder and write some more songs.. It is such a beautiful inspiring space.. the artist Moshe Tzvi Berger is so.. so.. talented and has an amazing personality.. so sweet and inspirational.. he is so nice..




Later I skated to the dead sea. So much fun today.. I was even able to almost close my eyes for some part of it.. and just enjoy the ride.. At the Jericho junction I decided to allow myself to brake only twice from there on.. but I didn't even use it.. there weren't too many cars.. and I was just going full speed. nice.. (heh - maybe it's nothing to be proud of.. it is just a sign you need anew pair of skates.. they are getting rusty..)

I discovered some new hot springs today.. and a delicious mud pool.. one of the best! TYG הודו לה' כי טוב כי לעולם חסדו

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Museum of Psalms"- that's from Moshe Tzvi Berger (part of our "Bircas Hatorah" (in the old city) family.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! wow!!

Thanks for the inspiration!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You probably know already, but in case not:

Jerusalem, Israel (August 7th, 2007): The Museum of Psalms is proud to announce the long-anticipated opening of Moshe Tzvi HaLevi Berger's new collection, "The Sun Series: Meditations, Light and Healing" on Tuesday, August 7 at 5:30 pm. The landmark 42-piece set is the latest spiritual statement by Berger, the first artist to exhibit his paintings at Jerusalem's Western Wall.

The exhibit consists of 42 new original paintings in which Berger expresses the Kabbalistic notions of healing, light and meditation. Combined with his own awareness of the profound need for healing in the world, Berger— a Holocaust survivor who went on to study art at the Belle Arte in Rome and the Beaux Arts in Paris—powerfully fuses his talents as a gifted artist with his finely-tuned spiritual sense, largely inspired by Kabbalah.


Berger sees his new exhibit as one that is able to speak to every individual. He stated, "these works transcend religious and denominational boundaries and can speak to every person, whatever their situation." Since coming to Israel, Berger founded the Museum of Psalms in 1995 under the auspices of Rabbi Meir Yehuda Getz, z"tl, the first Rabbi of the Western Wall and Holy Sites within Israel. It is located in central Jerusalem, in the house of Rabbi Kook.


Rabbi Shimon Green, a musician and Rosh Yeshiva, will deliver the opening remarks at the grand opening. Additionally, Rabbi Shimon Langnas (Chief Rabbi of Germany), diplomatic corps representatives of France, Japan, Italy, and the United States, Members of Knesset, and high profile members of the Israeli media will be present. The artist will also be present.


About the Artist:

A native of Transylvania, Berger is a living embodiment of the strength of the human spirit. He has showcased his artwork in over 100 one-man exhibits across three continents and has had the distinction of being the first artist to exhibit his paintings at Jerusalem's Western Wall.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home