Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Aneinu @ Even Sapir


I ruin all my shoes.. I don't plan on doing hikes.. and then somehow I am just dragged in...
and so it was today... I was just going to go to the spring.. refresh myself.. and head to the class @ the Carpathian Mountain House.. on eating holy food.. and eating it....Japanese..today.. yummy.. I was really excited to try it.. (the week before.. I was in Nachlaot.. wandering around trying to find B.. so that we can go to the springs at even sapir.. but I didn't know where B. lives.. I just walked around.. maybe someone would know.. B. mention that sometimes they go to the Carpathian Mountain House on Thursday for the 1 shekel shtetl meal... I figured they might know B. there.. they didn't.. but I got to meet.. a wonderful person, the housekeeper of the Carpathian House.. and he told me about his classes.. and he gave me some literature.. I was quite intrigued by it.. and decided that I should go.. especially on Tuesday's for Japanese meal and for the holy food talk.. I wanted to hear more... Later that night.. I walked to the Kotel.. and right nearby the kotel.. I bumped into B.. )

I only had an hour to the class and wasn't planning on hiking at all.. My father took a cab to Hadasah.. so I joined him.. I figured I'd do one of the springs around Even Sapir which is right next to Hadasah Ein Kerem.. So I got off at Hadasah.. but it was Har Hotzofim... heh! so I took the bus to Hadasah Ein Kerem... quite a long bus ride.. but finally go to Even Sapir.. I walked a bit.. and then someone stopped.. I asked about the springs nearby.. he said he only knew of a pool.. and the swimming there is really chill.. he didn't know the name of it.. so he drops me off there.. and I hike to it.. The weather was hot.. I was sweating.. and waiting to get in... It was a nice pool.....


there were 2 girls there.. I asked them.. what was the name of the spring.. they said עין אשקף...
no.. from all the springs in the area.. I end up @ .. עין אשקף ... I could never give up on going in springs.. I love springs!!!! but I couldn't go into this one.. a few years ago.. don't ask why.. but they filled the pool with "dead sick chickens" ?!? infected with a flu .. שפעת העופות .. I so wanted to go in.. but I couldn't..
I asked the girls.. if they knew of the ones really close by.. I really did not have much time.. they said that 5-10 minutes walk from here.. there is another one.. .. they went there a year ago.. and it was dry.. but who knows.. Super! yay! I spring.. I'll get in the water.. and be back on the road in 15 minutes.. heading to my class... so I thought...
I hiked.. and hiked.. and no water source... so I continued.. maybe it is just a little further..
just a little further...
there was no path.. and I was getting all scratched up by the bushes and thorns..
and then I got somehow lost... I didn't know my way out.. but also I couldn't just get out.. without finding the spring.. they were talking about.. so going back from where I came from was just not an option.. I continued searching.. the sun was starting to set..

I was totally unprepared for this hike.. wearing flip flops.. no matches.. nor food.. (in fact I didn't eat anything at all today.. besides for a tomato and cucumber.. I was planning to eat Japanese.. I wanted to be sensitized and truly appreciate the holy wholesome food which would be served...) nor camping gear... but no gear.. wasn't such a problem.. I have roughed it many times... with no gear at all...

..but I couldn't make anyone at home worry about me.. I didn't mention a hike on my agenda.. .. and I had no way of updating them.. now.. no cellophone.. so staying there.. even though it would've been really cool.. and I would've wanted to ...was not an option either...

I decided to start climbing upwards to the top.. and from there I'd find B'ezrat Hashem a way out.. I got up.. stunning views.. and I got to see the path that leads out of the forest.. now I could stay for a while... and chill.. the class was not happening.. I missed it..
There was still some sunlight.. so I got to pray mincha..
It got dark.. and I chilled for another hour.. on a rock.. overlooking beautiful Jerusalem.. and singing.. I composed a cool hypnotic middle eastern chant - aneinu rachum v'chanun aneinu... 20x aneinu aneinu aneinu a-a-neinu....

I didn't get to eat the wholesome food @ the Carpathian.. so I was going make it up.. I had the idea to make my own bread tonight.. yummy.. it is so rewarding.. making your own bread.. I use whole wheat flour.. and then I add all kinds of toppings.. olive oil, garlic, zatar, onions, tomatoes.. peppers.. the house smells so good.. and it tastes delicious.. it is so nourishing... heavenly.. .

I hiked out of the forest.. exited even sapir.. and then got on a tremp.. I wasn't exactly sure.. where I wanted to go.. I still owed myself a dip in a spring.. of course I talk about springs.. and he mentions a few.. but none were calling me tonight.. maybe I'll just go home.. and bake bread.. He continued driving towards Talpiot.. and then we pass Gan Hachayot.. .. oh.. wait.. stop.. I am getting off here.. there's Ein Lavan right nearby.. I have been there before but I haven't entered the water.. not going in.. doesn't really count as being there.. ..

wow! the water was delicious... perfect temperature!!

I took the bus back to town.. got some goodies.. lots and lots of ginger, mint leaves, olive oil, garlic, cherry tomatoes, vanilla and honeydew melon scented candles...

and then a bus home....

thank you Hashem for amazing adventures today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home