Thursday, December 23, 2010

a new day .. in the sea of life








I have been so busy.. and forgot what it is to "live".. to breathe fresh air.. I needed to get out.. especially after speaking to someone on the other side of the spectrum.. it brought the point home so much stronger...) So yesterday I took out my rollerblades.. switched my brakepad and rollerbladed from Jerusalem to Yam Hamelach. It was a nice trip. The fun began after Mitzpe Yericho - the road was newly paved and it was a smooth fast ride! Once I got to the "sea of life" I waited for a ride. I so wanted to go to the hot springs. (I have no hot water at home and have been taking freezing showers.. ) and besides there's almost nothing comparable to these amazing hot springs.. they are so full of minerals.. Finally someone stopped, and gave me a ride. By the time we got to the area of the hot springs it was dark outside.. and we passed them. So I just got off at ein gedi beach, filled up on water, and headed out to the springs.. There's no sign for the springs.. and it's hard to find them especially at night.. and with no flashlight... I was walking in the desert.. it was a beautiful walk and then the moon appeared -- wow -- it was a breathtaking sight.. ... at first I had a mission to find the springs.. but then it wasn't happening.. I didn't see them.. and so I just continued walking and enjoyed the walking.. I walked a few kilometers and then from far I saw a stunning spot.. two mountains on both sides and in the middle the waves of the sea hitting the shore.. It was the perfect spot.. and it was calling me.. so I headed there.. and guess what -- there were the hot springs.. flowing right into the sea.. wow! BH My soul so desired to stay there for some more time.. I felt like I was being recharged.. I so missed my natural habitat.. mountains, ocean, springs, stars, open sky.. so I decided to stay there for the night.. It was worth it.. I woke up to a manificent new day at the sea of life.. Hopefully not only metaphorically.. but that's where it starts.. we have to tap into it in the natural physical world and actualize it!










Hashem blessed us with a magnificent world! beautiful outdoors, good fresh air, clean water, blue sky, mountains.. for us to enjoy! and connect ... For me it's home! May Hashem please bless me to go for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home