Monday, June 05, 2006

May 18 Adventure- will you wake them up?


I went hiking last night in the dead sea area. I went to the mineraI hot springs.. they were lovely... I so wanted to stay for the night.. but I just had the thought that my dad might worry .. I should have mentioned it to him that I might sleep over... but how should I have known that. I had no such intentions this afternoon when I left. I was planning to go to Jerusalem to a class but then.. somehow I ended up skating to the dead sea instead. So I headed back home for the night. But before that I hiked around and did some climbing. I had my suspicions about the rock - it wasn't so solid in its place. But it was BIG and heavy and I didn't think that by holding on to it I would get it to move. It looked way too heavy. So I grab on to it and -whoops - it comes tumbling down followed by some more rocks. I hurt myself, hurt my bones, got some abrasions and a few cuts.. it is a bit painful but Thank G-d nothing serious...

Being beaten up by the rocks I was not going to try to tackle climbing up the rocks to get to the road in the pitch darkness. I opted instead for the long but safe 2km path... I got to the road, all dirty, tired, sweaty, with some blood oozing from the cuts caused by the stones that sliced my skin... the salt from the dead sea was aggravating and burning my wounds but I was without any water to wash the salt off.. the mosquitoes were licking my blood and enjoying me.. I was hoping a car would stop and get me to Ein Gedi beach and shower off...dirt, blood, salt, sweat.. and I would be refreshed by the cool water.. but no such luck.. there were hardly any cars at 1:00 am and the one that did pass, did not stop. So I turned to the other side of the road. Hopefully I would have more luck there..

Thank G-d a car stopped for me. He was heading to Jerusalem - perfect... but I couldn't bare anymore the salt on my wounds.. and I was afraid it might get infected from all the dirt as well.. so I got off at the Machsom.. near Darga and washed up there with a bottle of water...
I then had to wait quite a while till another car passed took me to Kalya and then got another lift to Jerusalem.

I still needed to go to Bet Shemesh.. it was 2:30 I was at the exit and thank G-d.. a taxi stopped he said he is heading to Beit Shemesh and will take me for 20 sheks - great! I hop in -- dreaming all the way of some food that I'd make to fill up my tummy - I was starving didn't eat anything the entire day.. and dreamed about a comfy bed for my tired aching body..

The car service took me till my door.. salvation at last! - or so I thought... I turn the door knob -- and hey-- I got locked out... the door was locked from the inside.... especially tonight!! but then I thought hey it can't be so bad.. my father will wake up soon he always does.. every night..quite a few times during the night for bathroom breaks, teas, and just turning over in bed....

but not tonight! I had to stick out till the morning on the chilly steps. I didn't' want to wake up anyone.. I just got in now 6:00 am.. made a tea. some toast. checked my email and will go to bed soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home