Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The night that would never end..



I hiked 16 hours in the rain.. I first planned
to stay @ the Canyon for the night.. but 16 hours of rain was enough
and wanted a dry spot.. I didn't bother schlepping a tent and sleeping
bag on this trip.. so now I was to suffer..There were no dry spots to be
found..
and no vehicles passed by.. I walked for hours...I was surprised that
there were no other campers.. anywhere.. No sheds.. or roofs anywhere..
I finally saw from far.. something that looked like a bridge.. I was a
bit excited.. but it was no bridge.. it was just a pipe with max
diameter of 10 inch.. not too much coverage from the rain... I removed
the plastic liner from my backpack and I crawled into my 60% waterproof
bubble I created.. I was totally wet and freezing.. It was snowing on
the surrounding mountains.. My body was burning up with fever to keep
my body warmth.. I was sort of miserable.. My throat was so so dry..
but my bottle of water was out of
my bubble and did not want to get
any wetter in the heavy rain pour. I was also afraid that I might not
manage again to fit into the bubble and then I would be out in the
rain.. every few minutes I peaked out..
to see whether it was getting any lighter outside.. but it was not
happening..

but then the sun came out.. and it was worth it..

I was at the most beautiful spot! The views were magnificent..

I started hiking back to the Canyon... maybe I'd get to see it in full sunlight.. but the Canyon was cloudy that day too..

1 Comments:

Blogger jewishandconfused said...

thats awesome, i wish i could just get away and do that.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home