Sunday, January 02, 2011

Bet Hugla and sunrise at Yam Hamelach










I was looking for an adventure and wanted to spend Shabbos in the beautiful desert landscapes near Yam Hamelech -- Mitzpe Yericho, Kfar Adumim or somewhere in that area. I put a request on Shabbat.com (a wonderful website uniting Jews through love for Shabbos ) with a family in Kfar Adumim right above the spring Wadi Kelt but I didn’t get a reply. The previous week I got a ride from the hot springs to the cool sweet water springs at Yam Hamelech from a lovely woman name Sivan. She’s quite a kindred spirit. She’s a raw foodist and we share quite some other interests as well. She mentioned that she might check out Yishuv Chavat Hadat – just the name sounded like something I’d be interested too. So I called her up and wanted to ask her about Yishuv Hadat and whether she wanted to do Shabbos together somewhere.. She said she needs to be up North.. so I called up Yishuv Hadat and I spoke to a sweet woman Naomi. She said that she wont be at the Yishuv for Shabbat but they’re doing Shabbat in nature near Yericho.. and if I want I can join. I said great! And Thanked her. I didn’t really know where it was.. I didn’t get the name of the place straight…. Reception wasn’t too good on her cellphone and I heard the name of the place and the surrounding place incorrectly…I had no other idea where it was besides that it was somewhere near Jericho… I love the challenge of locating the place so I got to work.. Studied maps and researched online.. until I finally got it!! I put in all different keywords into the search engine.. until I finally put in נעמה and יריחו and one of the results was a post which had the answer to my search – the place was בית חוגלה I was psyched to visit it and meet the courageous woman Ornah.. who lives on her own in the desert at the place closest to Jericho.. so that there is a Jewish presence at this special sight near Jericho and Har Nevo. I made delicious onion nutmeg spelt challah for everyone.. It started raining.. but it wasn’t going to change my plan. I knew I had to be there. I took the bus to Jerusalem and then waited for a ride.. I got a ride to French Hill Junction. I then waited for a ride to Mitzpe or for someone heading to Yam Hamelech. It was close to Shabbos and didn’t have much time to spare.. I prayed to Hashem to send me a good ride.. I reminded myself of the time when I was in Maui.. I went to Paia to get coconut bliss for Shabbos… I had about 15 minute walk to the main Highway and from there about a 20 minute ride.. I didn’t want the ice cream to melt and prayed to Hashem to send me a ride quickly.. someone that would go directly to where I needed to go.. even on the same block would be nice.. and then a car stopped .. and it was my Shabbos host himself! B”H I didn’t wait too long at all.. a car stopped and guess where it was heading to בית חוגלה wow! That was beautiful Hashgacha Pratis. I had a beautiful Shabbos with about 20 other people. It was really nice and the food was delicious.. healthy and lots of organic produce that Aharon a farmer from Itamar shared with us..
Motzei Shabbos I got a ride to the hot springs at Yam Hamelech and camped out there.. It was really nice! B”H!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home