Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What a surprise I ended up at the "Roeh"…



So I was going to go skating to the Dead Sea and then head to a class in Jerusalem @ Yakar. It was 6:00 pm and the class was taking place at 8:30. That leaves me with 2 hours for this trip. Usually I start my trip from Knisah L'eir - Derech Beigin towards Tzomet Givat Tzfartit and from there to the Dead Sea. Since today I was running so late, I figured I'd tremp till Tzomet Givat Tzfartit , so that I can make this trip and be back in Jerusalem for my class on time…

A car stopped – he said he's going to Givat Zeev. I was a bit spaced out.. and thought – givat zeev.. pisgat zeev – same thing… I was wrong. I realized it in middle of the way.. but I just continued with them. I remembered that I once took an alternative road which meets the Jerusalem – Dead Sea highway @ Mishor Adumim, and that road was the wildest, most winding downhill road in my life… so hey, I was up for that fun today… But that road was from Pisgat Zeev not here.. I got off and got a ride to Jerusalem.. but after 5 min. we pass a sign pointing to Shmuel Hanavi's Kever and the driver decides to stop there…

Cool – what a surprise.. I have only been there once before… ages ago.. and there is lots to pray for.. May Shmuel Hanavi be a Meilitz Yosher for all of us and may Hashem answer all our prayers for the good...

It was now 7:15pm.. As I walked towards the road I immediately got a tremp heading to Jerusalem… However there was quite some pkak on the road. The cars weren't moving. I'd do a lot better on my skates. I thanked the driver and put on my skates... What a ride.. what a ride.. it was really fun..!! from Kever Shmuel Hanavi to Maale Adumim – it's all the way downhill (most of it..) especially the Ramot area was fun!!

On the highway to Maale Adumim a most beautiful cute Arab boy ran more than 1 km to try to catch me.. He tried flirting in Hebrew and English.. he just had the cutest smile. . I felt a little sorry..not replying.. but there is no point in flirting... I just said shalom and crossed over the other side heading back to Jerusalem...

I got to my class on time and we sang the most beautiful sweet niggunim with Chana Yaffe and another woman.. Thank You Hashem for a wonderful day..

1 Comments:

Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Nice post its aka skifree.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home